Sale and Purchase Terms and Conditions (Goods, Subscriptions and Digital Downloads)
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND ARE LEGALLY BINDING. YOU SHOULD PRINT AND KEEP A COPY OF THEM FOR YOUR RECORDS
THE FOLLOWING TERMS APPLY TO THE PURCHASE OF GOODS AND SERVICES FROM ROKESMITH (ORDERS FOR GOODS AND SERVICES FROM PARTNERS ARE PLACED UNDER THE TERMS OF BUSINESS FOR THE RELEVANT PARTNER AND YOU SHOULD CHECK FOR DETAILS).
THESE TERMS ARE ADDITIONAL TO AND SUPPLEMENT OUR GENERAL WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH ALSO APPLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE AMENDED AT ANY TIME AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY FOR EACH ORDER WILL BE THOSE ON THE WEBSITE AT THE TIME YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER.
- 1 Registration. In order to use this service you will need to register on this website.
- 2 Age restrictions. We only accept orders from persons aged 18 or over. By placing an order, you are confirming that you are in this age range.
- 3 Overseas orders. We are willing to accept orders for some of our items from, and dispatch them to, some countries outside the United Kingdom (those items that we will not dispatch outside of the United Kingdom will be marked as such on our website. These may change from time to time.). If you select this option, Rokesmith gives you no assurances that the items you order may be lawfully received or used outside the United Kingdom and you place the order at your own risk in this regard. In addition, you will be responsible for any taxes or duties payable on the import and you should check with your local customs office before placing an order to establish what additional costs you may incur.
- 4 Placing an order. It is your responsibility to check that your order is accurate before submitting it to us.
- 5 Pricing. All prices on this website are in pounds sterling and include VAT unless expressly stated otherwise. We take care to ensure that all pricing information on our website is accurate but occasionally there may be an error. We verify pricing at our dispatch centre. If you believe you have been charged the incorrect price, you should contact us and we will refund any overpayment.
- 6 Accuracy of information. We try to ensure that all information and colours are correct at the time of their publication. However, the representation of colours on your browser may differ from the actual colours of products supplied. Any typographical, clerical or other error is subject to correction without any liability on our part. Any advice or recommendation given on this website or otherwise given to you by us, or any of our employees or agents, is followed or acted upon entirely at your own risk and we are not liable for such advice or recommendation.
- 7 Digital content and compatibility. Digital content (such as software, apps, ebooks, music, videos and games) is subject to additional licence terms click here for details. You will not be able to download the digital content you have ordered for 14 days from the date we accept your order unless you tick the box to say you want to receive it sooner, in which case, you will waive your right to cancel your order for the digital content. All of our digital content is compatible with Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11) or Windows 10 and Chrome browser version 51 or later. We give no assurances that it will be compatible with any other hardware or software unless expressly stated otherwise in the item description.
- 8 Concluding a binding contract. When we receive an order from you to purchase items from us, we will confirm that we have received the order by email to the address provided by you in your order. Your order is an offer to purchase an item and will not be binding on us until the earlier of us sending you an email to confirm that we have dispatched that item to you or you receiving the item. We reserve the right to reject any order and to limit the quantity of any item we may supply to you.
- 9 Postage and packing costs. Postage and packing costs will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on the total cost of the items you order and, where delivery options are provided, the option you choose. Please click here for our current postage and packing charges. The postage and packing charge you will pay will be displayed on screen before you confirm your order to us. Where multiple items are included in one order, we may dispatch the items separately, in which case, you will only be charged one postage and packing charge.
- 10 Pre-orders. Occasionally we may make goods, services, digital content or subscriptions available for pre-order. If you place a pre-order, we will take payment. If we are, for any reason, unable to supply the order to you, for example, if our supplier is unable to supply us or if the goods/services are not suitable for you, we will notify you and will refund the full amount paid.
- 11 Payment and refunds. In providing payment card details, you confirm that you are authorised to use the card and authorise us, or our payment service provider, to take payment in full for the items in your order, postage and packing charges and any other charges that become due to us under these terms. Payment will normally be taken immediately that an order is placed and, in the case of subscriptions, monthly on the same date as the original payment (or, where the original payment is the last day of the month, each subsequent payment will also be taken on the last day of each month) until cancelled. Refunds, if applicable, will only be made using the payment method and/or to the card originally used for payment.
- 12 Non-availability/substitutes. We reserve the right to change the specification of items which are required to conform to any applicable standards or legal requirements. We try to have sufficient stocks of goods to meet demand but occasionally, items may be out of stock or unavailable from our suppliers. All items sold through this website are subject to availability. If any of the items on your order are not available we will cancel those items from your order and refund the applicable amounts.
- 13 Delivery of orders. We aim to dispatch subscription orders immediately. We aim to dispatch all other orders within two working days and we would normally expect them to be delivered within two weeks. Delivery timescales are estimates only unless you have paid for a ‘Next Day Delivery’ service (where this is available). If you do not receive your order within 30 days of us confirming your order (or the next day if you have paid for a ‘Next Day Delivery’ service, you should notify us and we will investigate why your have not received your delivery.
- 14 Notification of errors. You should check the content of each delivery promptly upon receipt. If you believe that items have been sent to you in error, you should contact us immediately.
- 15 Subscriptions. If you order a subscription, the subscription period will start 14 days after the date on which we accept your subscription order and will run for the amount of time shown in your order confirmation. Shortly before the end of your subscription period, we will invite you to renew your subscription.
- 16 Cancellation rights and damaged/faulty items.
- Cancellation rights. You have a statutory ‘cooling-off’ right, which entitles you to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt of the goods in your order (certain exceptions apply). For items that are bespoke or made to your specification, we will start to prepare it for you once we receive your order and you will have no rights to cancel such items in your order. Subscriptions may be cancelled by submitting an online account cancellation (to cancel your Woodworking Masterclasses subscription click here). Details of these rights and how to exercise these rights are set out in the email we send to you to confirm your order and in our Cancellations Policy below.
Consumers have the right to cancel orders for goods or services that have been placed with Rokesmith for up to 14 days after the date on which the item(s) are delivered.
This right does not apply to certain items such as:
- CDs, DVDs or software if the seal on the wrapping has been broken
- digital content that you have agreed may be downloaded before the 14 day cancellation period has expired
- tailor-made or personalised items
- items that, by their nature, cannot be returned due to health protection of hygiene reasons if they are unsealed after delivery.
To exercise your cancellation right, you must notify us that you wish to cancel. You can find our Cancellation Form here.
You must return cancelled items to us at the address shown in our Cancellation Form within 14 days of exercising your cancellation right at your own cost.
We will refund the purchase price for your cancelled item(s), within 14 days of receiving them from you or within 14 days of you providing us with proof that you sent them back to us by a suitable method (whichever is earlier) together with the charge we made to you for sending the item to you or, if lower, our basic postage charge for sending item(s) to our customers.
IF YOU HANDLE THE CANCELLED ITEM(S) MORE THAN NECESSARY TO DETERMINE THEIR NATURE, CHARACTERISTICS OR FUNCTION OR CAUSE ANY DAMAGE TO THEM, WE WILL MAKE A DEDUCTION FROM THE REFUND TO COVER THE REDUCED VALUE OF THE RETURNED ITEMS.
Please note, our Partners have their own terms of business and procedures for exercising cancellation rights. If you purchase an item or service from one of our Partners, you should check your rights before placing your order.
Rights in respect of faulty items. You have rights in respect of items that are damaged on receipt or faulty or which are not fit for purpose or not in accordance with their description. Details of these rights and how to exercise these rights are set out in the email we send to you to confirm your order and in our Faulty Items Policy below.
FAULTY ITEMS POLICY
(not applicable to digital content)
Damaged and faulty items
If any item we have supplied is damaged on receipt, faulty or not fit for purpose or in accordance with its description, you can return the item to us (provided you do so within 30 days of the date of purchase) for a full refund of the price you paid together with any postage charges you paid to us for delivery of that item.
After 30 days, if the item develops a fault within 6 months of the date of purchase, we will replace or repair the item free of charge or refund the price you paid for it together with any postage charges you paid to us for delivery of that item.
You may have additional manufacturers’ warranties with some products such as electrical items giving you additional rights and you should check these carefully.
How to return faulty and damaged items
To return a damaged or faulty item you should follow the instructions on the Returns Note included in the delivery.
Please note, our Partners have their own terms of business and procedures for dealing with faulty and damaged items. If you purchase an item or service from one of our Partners, you should check your rights before placing your order.
- 17 Liability. We have a legal duty to provide goods that conform to the contract between us. Our maximum liability for our failure to fulfill to do so will be limited to the price paid by you for all items in that order that we have failed to fulfill (together with any delivery charges paid to us by you for delivery of those items and, in the case of faulty or damaged items within the meaning of our Faulty Items Policy, the basic cost of you returning those items to us using the method described in our Returns Note).
HEALTH AND SAFETY WARNING
Electrical products sold on this website are deigned for use in the UK and, if fitted with a plug, it will be a UK plug. They may not be suitable for use in other countries and you should check with the manufacturer before using them outside the UK.
You should read the instructions that come with the packaging before using the product and observe any specific warnings given by the manufacturer.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS