General Terms and Conditions
BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE OTHER SITES CONNECTED TO IT YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE SET OUT BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST LEAVE THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY
Woodworking can be dangerous if you do not take appropriate care. You should adopt the following precautions to ensure your safety and the safety of others:
- ensure that you have sufficient skills and experience to use the tools before commencing any task
- have and use a safe and suitable place to work with adequate space to carry out the task
- have and use appropriate safety wear and devices for the task
- have all due regard for the safety of others
- do not leave tools or equipment unattended
- carry out tasks away from unsupervised children and vulnerable adults.
- if you involve children or vulnerable adults in woodworking tasks you must ensure that you provide constant and suitable supervision and only allow them to work with tools that are safe and appropriate for task and which are matched to the ability of the user
- 1 About us. This website is owned and provided by the Rokesmith Limited (Rokesmith), a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 08448033. Our VAT Number is 201 2159 70. If you need any information or have a complaint about our website or any of our services please contact us by one of the following methods:
Telephone 07871 516236
Email [email protected]
Mail (registered office) Accsol House
- 2 This website. This website is part of Rokesmith’s network of sites which may, from time to time, also include a number of sub sites (together, the Rokesmith Websites).
- 4 Additional terms. Additional terms, which form part of these Terms and Conditions, apply to the access to. and use of, certain Rokesmith Websites, Rokesmith services and digital content. Please click on the relevant link(s) below to view the additional terms:
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THESE TERMS BEFORE USING THE RELEVANT WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICE AND WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE TIME TO READ THEM
|Sale and Purchase Terms and Conditions (Goods, Subscriptions and Digital Content)||Click here|
|Digital Content Licence Terms||Click here|
- 5 Registration. Users of Rokesmith Websites and Rokesmith services may be required to register in order to use certain facilities.
YOUR ROKESMITH REGISTRATION ONLY APPLIES FOR USE OF THE RELEVANT ROKESMITH WEBSITES OR ROKESMITH SERVICES. ROKESMITH PARTNERS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES WHOSE WEBSITES YOU ACCESS OR WHOSE SERVICES YOU USE MAY HAVE THEIR OWN REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS.
- 6 Username and passwords. During the Rokesmith registration process you may be allocated, or invited to choose, your own username and password which will be unique to you. You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential and for ensuring that they are not used by any other person. In some cases, your username and password may be used for multiple Rokesmith Websites and services to make your use of them simple.
- 7 Rokesmith Partners. Rokesmith has business relationships with a number of third parties (Partners) and some of the goods and services available on or through this website are provided by those third parties. An up-to-date list of these is available by clicking here. Each Partner has its own terms of business and privacy practices and you should check that you are satisfied with them before you agree to take any of their goods or services.
- 8 Offers, promotions, software and downloads. Rokesmith and/or its Partners may occasionally promote their goods or services on the Rokesmith Websites or through other direct marketing initiatives or may make software and other materials available for you to purchase or download. Whilst we carry out some checks on Partners and try to encourage them to offer good quality products, services and materials at competitive prices we have no control over them, or give you any assurances about the products or services they offer, or that they will be suitable for your needs. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself in this regard and we have no liability in connection with the same.
- 9 Ownership of materials. Each of the Rokesmith Websites, the design of each and the materials and software on them, or provided to you through any of them, are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world and are owned by, or are licensed to Rokesmith and/or third parties.
INFRINGEMENT OF THESE RIGHTS IS A SERIOUS MATTER AND THE OWNER OF THE RIGHTS MAY PURSUE A CLAIM AGAINST YOU IF YOU INFRINGE THEM.
- 10 Licence terms. You are permitted to display the materials on Rokesmith Websites on a computer screen or other devices such as tablets or smart phones and, save for restricted access documents, to download and print a hard copy for your personal use or for obtaining products or services provided you DO NOT:
- alter or remove any of the content without our express written permission or
- change or delete any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notices.
You are permitted to establish a link to the home page only of Rokesmith Websites from other sites provided that, if we believe it would damage Rokesmith or any Partner you remove the link immediately if we ask you to do so.
You agree not to:
- copy, reproduce, store (in any medium or format), distribute, transmit, modify, create derivate works from all or any part of any of the Rokesmith Websites or the materials or software on any of them or which are provided to you through them, without our prior written consent (which may be given or withheld in our absolute discretion)
- use the Rokesmith Websites or any of the data, materials or software on them, or provided to you through them, for:
- any unlawful purpose or in contravention of applicable law
- commercial exploitation without our prior written consent
- advertising or direct marketing without our prior consent
- any unlawful or inappropriate advertising
- any purpose or in any manner that may give a false or misleading or negative impression of Rokesmith, our staff or our services
- use, upload or transmit
- any material that is defamatory, offensive, obscene, sexually orientated, racist, threatening, intimidating, false, misleading or otherwise unlawful, or which may cause offence or distress or which may affect or infringe the rights of any other person
- any device, software, file or mechanism which may interfere with the proper operation of Rokesmith Websites or systems
- decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer (or attempt to do any of them) any of the software or other materials provided on or through the Rokesmith Website(s)
- do anything that may interfere with or disrupt Rokesmith Websites, systems or Rokesmith services
- impersonate any other person when using any of the Rokesmith Websites
- encourage or permit others to do any of the above
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE LICENCE TERMS, ANY PERSON AFFECTED BY YOUR ACTIONS MAY BRING A CLAIM AGAINST YOU, ROKESMITH AND/OR ANY PARTNER. ROKESMITH MAY PURSUE A CLAIM AGAINST YOU FOR ANY LOSSES AND COSTS (INCLUDING LEGAL COSTS) WE SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS
- 11 Suitability of materials provided via the Rokesmith Websites. No assurance is given that the materials provided or available to you on or through Rokesmith Websites are suitable for your requirements or that they will be secure, error or virus free and Rokesmith will not have any liability in respect of those materials.
- 12 Blogs and forums. Some of the Rokesmith Websites offer blogging features and forums which enable users to post comments and other information. You acknowledge and accept that the blogs and forums are not moderated and that Rokesmith is not responsible for, or in any way liable in respect of, any messages or other materials posted on the blog or forums. When you use any of our blogs or forums, you agree to comply with the licence terms and restrictions set out in these Terms and Conditions in respect of your postings.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN RESPECT OF YOUR POSTINGS ON ANY ROKESMITH BLOG OR FORUM, ANY PERSON AFFECTED BY YOUR ACTIONS MAY BRING A CLAIM AGAINST YOU, ROKESMITH AND/OR ANY PARTNER. ROKESMITH MAY PURSUE A CLAIM AGAINST YOU FOR ANY LOSSES AND COSTS (INCLUDING LEGAL COSTS) WE SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS
- 13 Materials submitted to Rokesmith Websites (including blogs and forums). You confirm that you own or have sufficient licence rights, permissions and consents to be able to provide to the for use as anticipated by these Terms and Conditions, all materials (whether data, photographs, images or otherwise) that you submit on or to a Rokesmith Website (Submitted Materials). Where Submitted Materials include an image of any person who is under the age of 16 (Child), you confirm that you have obtained the consent of that Child’s parent or guardian and for any Child who is aged 12 or over, you have also obtained the Child’s consent. You must not include any personal information about a Child in any Submitted Materials. You confirm that the Submitted Materials are accurate and not misleading. You hereby grant to Rokesmith a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to copy, publish, distribute the Submitted Materials in any media and form anywhere in the world for any purpose with the right to sublicence to Partners.
- 13 Availability. Access to Rokesmith Websites is provided as is and as available and, unless a fee is charged for using a particular Rokesmith Website, free of charge. Rokesmith does not make any guarantee that Rokesmith Websites will be uninterrupted or error free. Rokesmith reserves the right to modify, suspend or withdraw the whole or any part of any or all of the Rokesmith Websites or any of their content at any time without notice and without incurring any liability.
- 14 Access restrictions. Rokesmith is entitled, in its absolute discretion, to remove any Submitted Materials. Rokesmith will be entitled to suspend or terminate your access to any or all of the Rokesmith Websites at any time without reason and without liability.
- 15 Links from and advertisements on Rokesmith Websites. From time to time, Rokesmith Websites may include links to other websites and / or advertisements that are owned, provided and/or controlled by third parties. These links and advertisements are provided only for your interest and convenience and Rokesmith has no control over them and will have no liability in respect of any of them.
- 16 Monitoring. Rokesmith may monitor activity and content on Rokesmith Websites and may take any action Rokesmith considers appropriate if we suspect you may be in breach of these Terms and conditions including suspending, attaching conditions to or terminating your access and/or notifying the authorities or relevant regulators of your activities.
- 18 Accuracy of information. Rokesmith takes care to ensure that all information available on Rokesmith Websites about our business, services and products is accurate. However, these are continually developing and, occasionally, the information may be out of date. Commercial and legal practice change frequently and the materials on the Rokesmith Websites, in any newsletters and in other items offering guidance have been prepared for general interest only and are not a substitute for specific legal, financial or other professional advice and should not be read or used as such.
- 19 Other users. In the event you consider another user has posted materials which do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, please notify Rokesmith who will take appropriate action (which may include removing offending postings suspending, attaching conditions to or terminating the user’s access and/or notifying the authorities or relevant regulators of offending activities) as soon as reasonably practicable.
- 21 Disclaimer. ALTHOUGH WE TAKE CARE TO ENSURE THAT ALL MATERIAL ON THE ROKESMITH WEBSITES IS CORRECT AND SUITABLE FOR USE, MISTAKES MAY, OCCASIONALLY, OCCUR AND ROKESMITH DOES NOT GIVE YOU ANY ASSURANCES THAT THE MATERIAL ON THE ROKESMITH WEBSITES IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT OR THAT THE ROKESMITH WEBSITES WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS OR VIRUSES.
- NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE PAGES OF THE ROKESMITH WEBSITES SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS COMMERCIAL, LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. DETAILED PROFESSIONAL ADVICE SHOULD BE OBTAINED BEFORE TAKING OR REFRAINING FROM ANY ACTION BASED ON ANY OF THE MATERIAL CONTAINED ON OUR WEBSITES OR ANY COMMUNICATIONS PROVIDED TO YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR REGISTRATION OR USE OF ROKESMITH WEBSITES.
- 21 Use of Rokesmith Websites outside England and Wales. Rokesmith makes no claims or representations that any or all of the content of any of the Rokesmith Website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales and, unless otherwise specifically stated, the content is directed solely at users who access them from England and Wales.
If you choose to access ANY OF OUR WEBSITES from outside ENGLAND AND WALES, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of territory from which you access them.
- 22 Liability for our mistakes. ROKESMITH IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) UNLESS:
- (A) THERE IS A BREACH OF A LEGAL DUTY OF CARE OWED TO YOU BY ROKESMITH;
- (B) THE LOSS OR DAMAGE IS NOT A REASONABLY FORESEEABLE RESULT OF ANY SUCH BREACH; OR
- (C) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OR INCREASE IN LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTS FROM A BREACH BY YOU OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXCLUDES OR LIMITS LIABILITY FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF ROKESMITH.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
- 23 Waiver. No delay or decision not to enforce rights under these terms and conditions will constitute a waiver of the right to do so and will not affect rights in relation to any subsequent breach.
- 24 Governing law. These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of England and you and Rokesmith each hereby submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME. THE NEW VERSION WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE AND WILL TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING.
IF YOU USE A ROKESMITH WEBSITE AFTER THE NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE COME INTO EFFECT, YOU WILL BE INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS